There are so many articles and advice and tips on so many different blogs about how to start an online business and what is needed for doing so. It can be very overwhelming to wade through all of it.While I don’t profess to be a “know-it-all” when it comes to such things, I do know exactly what it takes to sell crochet online. After all, I’ve been doing it for almost 5 years now 🙂
- Basic Knowledge of crochet. You don’t have to consider yourself an expert to start selling your work. The only thing I knew how to make well when I started was hats…and I’m sure that someone could argue that I couldn’t even do that very well. But I did continue to educate myself and learn more to become better. Basic knowledge of the craft you are desiring to sell is a necessity to selling it, though.
- Good camera. You don’t need a top of the line DSLR camera, an iphone works just fine these days. But a requirement for selling anything online is quality photos for your listings.
- The tools to crochet with. Again, you don’t need a giant stash of yarn, or a plethora of hooks. But you are going to need at least one skein of yarn and one hook to make the crochet product you desire to sell.
- Internet access. To manage your internet business. Not necessarily at your place of resident. If you are willing to put in the time, you can go to McDonald’s for an hour to get all of your online work accomplished.
- Computer. Whether this is a laptop, desktop, tablet, phone…something to access the internet world and list your products online.
Really, those are the only things that you need. Anything else that may be considered are extras that can certainly make selling online easier, but are not requirements to make it happen. Take a deep breath, you can do this!