I have been busy busy the past several days/weeks getting ready for a craft show that’s coming up soon. Of course I’ve done the research and I know how important having a good display can be for such an event. One of my products are these cute little garden fairies that I made out of pipe cleaners and silk flowers (I just love them, and so do my girls!). But after searching high and low I could not find a display that was perfect for them. I’m not happy just laying them out on the table, that’s blah, and putting them in a bowl or box would result in a tangly mess. They are kind of gangly in the limbs. Mr. Lovely impulsively bought some tortilla chips several weeks ago, and as I was getting ready to throw away the box, a brilliant idea came to me and I just had to share my process with you guys.
- Take a large box.
- Cover said box in white paper, or paint it all white.
- Splash some watercolor on that puppy.
- Pour some water on the surface, splash it around, no rhyme or reason.
- Dab your paintbrush in some watercolor, dab it on the box in splotches, swirl it around as desired. Again, no rhyme or reason.
- Let the paint dry. Depending on how much water your poured on the box, it might take a while.
- Create relevant details (in this case, the toadstools)
- Add adorable tiny clothes pins.
- Hang your tiny dolls accordingly.
It’s pretty simple, right? I really cannot believe that no one else has done one like this before. Or at least, I couldn’t find anything even remotely similar.