The world of selling crafts can be so competitive. Especially in the online universe where it is so easy to set up a shop and sell your wares. There is website after blog leading to chat forum next to articles about how to do it. Before you get overwhelmed with it all, know that it is so possible to be successful even amidst all of the other sellers. So, what are some keys to becoming a successful business person?
- Be professional. In order to be considered seriously, you must look at yourself as being serious. You are now a professional crafter. Say that to yourself a time or two. “I am a professional crafter.” And when someone asks what you do for a living, respond, “I craft, professionally.” Actually believe it. Of course there are other tidbits involved when being a professional (like conduct, dress, etc.), but the first key is to believe that you are, indeed, a professional.
- Quality products. I don’t think that I can stress this one nearly enough. People are willing to wait for a surprisingly long time to receive a quality product. Crafting something that will withstand the test of time is far more important than crafting enough to sell to the entire state of Rhode Island. Besides, good quality products often serve as advertisement all on their own!
Persist. Like I said, it is a super competitive market out there. So many people are selling the same things. Either have a super unique craft, a craft that not everyone and their grandmother makes, or continue persisting and outlast everyone else! Build your loyal fan base, and continue building on it, loyalties CAN and several times DO change.
Today’s blog post has been brought to you by the letter K – Keys! I am a bit behind, so there will be 2 posts on a few of the remaining days, hopefully I can take advantage of the built in off days of this challenge 🙂
Go ahead and “like” this post and “share” it with your fellow craft-selling friends, I am sure they would find it interesting as well! Don’t forget to subscribe and follow my blog for more information about how-to sell your own hand made crafts!
- A-Z blogging challenge (familybugs.wordpress.com)
- Do It Yourself Crafts Site Lullubee Launches Teddy Bear, Doll & Puppet, And Needle Felting Craft of the Month Clubs (prweb.com)
- Tips from a craft show junkie (bagladylulu.com)
- Creative Copycats Sell! (bakedinbelfast.wordpress.com)
- Recycled Crafts: Advice from a Career Crafter (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- 12 Tips to Bring Traffic to your Craft Cafe Shop (craftcafelove.wordpress.com)
- Craft Show Success Secrets (denarcc.wordpress.com)