Taking a slight break from my “DIY Crochet Craft Show” to share some exciting news! I was nominated by The Dragon’s Breath for a “One Lovely Blog Award”! I must say that I totally agree that “handmade artists that spend time blogging need to stick together and support each other”. The way that this award works is that I have to share a link back to the person that nominated me (with a “thanks”), share the award image, post 7 things about myself and then nominate 15 others. Piece of cake, right?
- My blog and business was named after my little family…which is number 2 most important to me (Number 1 being God). Followed by a childhood interest in bugs. We each have a buggy nickname (Beetle, Butterfly, Grasshopper, Bumblebee, Ladybug).
- I spend roughly 40 hours a week crocheting. That’s usually about how much time that my kids are sleeping when I’m awake. CRAZY!
- EVERY thing that I do takes on an artistic twist. Interior decoration, disciplining my children…
- When I cook, sometimes I add or take away from the recipe depending on what I have already available in the pantry (and sometimes I just make-up the recipe altogether)
- I sell my crochet as a means to supplement my husband’s income. It is something that I can do without compromising my responsibility in raising my children (I don’t think that that there is anything wrong with a woman working outside the home, and in some cases it is necessary and even prefered, but in my personal situation, I would be working solely to pay for the child-care, and it wouldn’t be worth it).
- One day, I want to go back to school and finish getting my degree in elementary education so that I can have a job outside the home. Ideally, I would teach elementary school art.
- Sharing what I have learned about selling crafts is becoming a passion for me. It’s a difficult and competitive place out there, and if what I do works, then I really do want to share that with others so that they can succeed as well.
And last, I’m going to nominate just 10 other blogs for this same reward. nominating 15, just seems like an awful lot to me, and I’m not really up to going hunting for random blogs that might or might not be good. I’d rather nominate 10 that I definitely could recommend instead of 15 that I wasn’t 100% sure about…I’m going to share the love for some of my personal favorites!
- Kozy Kiddo
- Be Your Brilliance
- Hillary Makes
- Project Polermo
- clh Photography
- Selling Crafts Online
- Creative Income
- Sell Handmade Online
I do hope that you’ve enjoyed the personal tidbits, and I seriously recommend checking out some of these other blogs. Some of them are other craft sellers, some of them are motivational blogs, and a majority of them are “how to sell” blogs, which I think that you can NEVER be too educated about. Once again, a huge Thank you to The Dragon’s Breath for the nomination, I was just giddy inside when I found out 😀
- I Would Like To Thank… (simplyfeli.com)
- Beautiful Blogger Award. (knitnrun4sanity.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blogger Award!!!! (daniellajoe.wordpress.com)
- Caron’s Simply Soft, simply knit . . . (gmaellenscraftycorner.wordpress.com)
- My first Crochet Missy blog! (crochetmissy.wordpress.com)
- Everyday Life at Leisure: 10 Creative Crochet Tips (gmaellenscraftycorner.wordpress.com)