(day 2 abc)
I am part of the Author Blog Challenge (I think that you should go check it out if you haven’t already signed up, there are some pretty awesome authors blogging about some pretty awesome creations and pretty creative methods over there!). This has got me seriously thinking about writing and publishing an ebook. BUT, how do I go about deciding WHAT to write about? Well, the obvious one would be to write about selling hand-made crafts. That is such a broad topic, I need to narrow it down quite a bit. I hope that you will stick with me as I brainstorm a bit and figure out what to write a book about in the first place.
What are some of the aspects of selling hand-made crafts?
- Finding a Market place (online vs. physical)
- Keeping the books – financial aspect
- Designing the crafts
- Advertisement and Marketing
- Getting your name out there
- Competing with others
- Pricing your product
- Balancing everything
- What to create?
- The overwhelming abundance of Online resources
- Legal stuff
- Use of Social Media
- Basic challenges and struggles
- Time management
- Difficulties with SPECIFIC crafts (crochet, jewelry, sewing, etc.)
These are all some really GREAT places to start. Now that I’m thinking about it, I might even do a small ebook for EACH of these, with the option of getting all of them together for a discounted price. I would sure LOVE to hear what some of you guys’ opinions on these topics are. OR if you have some topic choices that you’d like to know more about. What don’t you know about selling crafts that you’d like more information about?
- April 2012 E-Book Challenge: Brainstorming, Organizing and Outlining (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- How I Self-published A Book (millerbeachblog.com)
- 27 Awesome Ways to Get People to Listen to You (problogger.net)
- You’re Not Working Hard Enough. (laneymcmann.com)
- A Blogging Plan You Can Wrap Your Arms Around (contentmasteryguide.com)
- Top 10 DO’s and DON’Ts for Self-Publishing – based on my experience (alisonwauthor.wordpress.com)
- Advertising your crafts? (familybugs.wordpress.com)
- What If I Wrote a Blog About You? (stirrup-queens.com)
- Am I ready for NaNoWriMo? (run4joy59.wordpress.com)