Do you sell items on Etsy?
Have you had LOADS of viewers and a few favorites but no purchases?
Have things slowed down more than you would like?
These 5 steps may turn things around for you.
- Update. That’s right, check out your pictures, your descriptions, your tags, your categorizing and change it up a bit. The way things are right now, just isn’t working, so maybe something different will.
- Renew/List new products. Recently listed products are going to show up *first* on searches. How many pages do you think a potential customer is going to go through before deciding what he/she wants to buy? Maybe 4. Listing new items every couple of days (some people will argue that you need to do this every day), will increase the likelihood that someone will find your shop. I have discovered that when I renew a sold order, I get more views on EVERYTHING, not just that one listing. Also, having more products will give your potential customer more options to choose from.
Be patient. Depending on the time of year you started up, things might naturally slow down a bit. I started my etsy shop in November…with Christmas right around the corner. I got so many orders in December that I had to turn down a few of them (it probably didn’t help that I was also giving birth right around that time).
- Advertise. There are lots of ways that you can advertise for free (Check out my other blog post: advertising your crafts). If you have the resources, go ahead and buy some professional advertising. There isn’t anything wrong with that. However, if your reading this post, chances are you don’t have the resources, I’d suggest going to free route…at least for now.
- Tell people. There are a TON of shops and stores on Etsy alone. This isn’t even to consider all of the other online revenues, webpages, facebooks, and the numerous other outlets. If you don’t tell people that you are there, how are they going to just find, or just stumble upon your store?
So, there you have it. Five relatively easy ways to change things around. You might get results within a few hours, or it might take a day, or maybe a week. However, I can be 95% sure that if you do these five things you will see an improvement within a week.
Do you know of any way to get more viewers and therefore more sales?
- Etsy or Regretsy? Your Guesses and Answers (regretsy.com)
- Connectedness Is Etsy (greatfinds.icrossing.com)
- Need Help With Your Etsy Shop? (goodrivergallery.wordpress.com)
- No Etsy for you!! (drawn.ca)