We’ve all seen some variation of the poster from Uncle Sam saying “I want You!” Well, it’s true, I do want you. This blog would be absolutely nothing without you incredible readers. BUT, how many of you read post after post and never comment or share anything? That, my friend, is what us bloggers like to call a lurker. So, here is my call to ask you to STOP lurking and taking a step forward to comment!!
Today, I want to celebrate all of your lurkers. I also want to exhort each and every one of you to muster the strength and the bravery to click on that comment button and end the deafening silence! If you do choose to leave a comment below, don’t think of it as a favor to me, but as a favor to everyone else and all of the other readers out there. As much as I enjoy and get a thrill from every comment i receive, there are many comments that are added just because other comments preceded them.
It’s really really easy, all you have to do is follow these few steps to stop being a lurker (if you so choose) and to actively participate! It really can’t hurt you any, and most certainly would benefit all the more.
- If you are reading this in a feed reader, an email message, or a syndicated blog post somewhere, click HERE to visit the actual post.
- Find the comment section (which is at the bottom) and type something in.
- Leave your name so that I and others will know who you are.
- Go ahead and add in your own address (your own blog, your facebook, your website) so that I and others can click on over and find out more about you!
- If you use twitter, feel free to include your Identification.
- Type in whatever you would like to: how long you’ve been an avid reader, what you do for a living, what sort of craft you sell, what venue you use for selling (online, etsy, ebay, facebook, consignment, whole sale, craft show).
don’t be shy, I know that you can do it…choose to stop lurking TODAY!
- Announcing Lurker Week: Comment Here (appellationmountain.net)
- Creating Trust: Moving from Lurking to User Generated Content (blogs.cisco.com)
- Social Media Lurkers – Who Are They and How Can You Engage Them? (case.typepad.com)
- De-Lurk Yourself: Annual Call Out To The Lurkers (beerandwhiskeybros.com)
- The Lurker (snakehair.wordpress.com)
- Small Business Blogging Tips: How to create compelling posts (amsterdamprinting.com)